This course is the introduction to Mandarin Chinese, the official language of China. In this course, you will be learning a wide ray of topics related to the daily life of a Chinese little boy with an extensive practice on pinyin tones and pronunciations. Instructional materials and small tests are carefully integrated in each lesson along the course to help you have a better understanding of the lessons and reflect on what you have learned when you finish a lesson. A list of frequently selected distinct proverbs are also added at the end of the course to give you an insight into ancient Chinese wisdom and advice for life challenges. The course is self-paced, student-centered, and task-based.
The Introduction to Chinese language course is designed based on student-centered learning style, which is one of the most approached perspective learning styles among the different course designs.
- This type of learning differs from traditional classroom instruction which is a teacher-centered learning style.
- Student-centered learning puts a firm effort in the students and students choose not only what to study but also when and why
- Student-centered learning allows greater flexibility to learn remotely
The organization of a course is a vital process and a necessary procedure in a course. By saying that, the type of Introduction to Chinese Language is a module course which means you can pick up the lessons or the modules in relevance with your needs. The course consists of one core module and four optional modules. Week 1 (Module 1) is a core module which means you should not skip this module.
- This type of course offers flexibility for the students to specifically select the subject or subjects to his/her needs
- These subjects are usually broad and limited numbers of objectives are present
- The modules are expected to be autonomous with clear and realistic time where time and efforts are to be spent
- 汉语系列教材 修订版 (Chinese Textbook Revised Edition 1 from Beijing Chinese Language Institute) www.hwjyw.com
What Will You Learn?
- Read approximately 150 Chinese characters on the given context
- Understand the ideas from simple connected topics related to personal background and daily needs
- Speak short, simple, and grammatically correct sentences with the correct tone and pronunciation
- Get knowledge and insights into the ancient Chinese proverbs
- Conduct in Chinese language on the elementary-level
1.1. The Consonant Sounds of Chinese Language
1.2. The Vowel Sounds of Chinese Language
1.3. Chinese Pinyin Tone System
1.4. Writing Chinese Characters